Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bonne Année!

We're nine days into the new year and I haven't even posted! I've found that during breaks from classes I tend to avoid the computer since I'm on it so much during school.

I hope you all had fantastic New Year's celebrations. I did exactly what I had planned--I went out for dinner with a friend and afterward we went back to my house and watched some TV. We watched Pretty Little Liars because it's a show that she's been interested in watching I still happened to have it on my DVR.

Since then, I have been working, reading (a little) and writing. I also watched the first season of True Blood, which I enjoyed greatly! Now to move on to season two, which I have already. I think I'll wait a little while at least, though. A coworker of mine who also works at McDonald's gave us some free Redbox movie coupons but they expire at the end of the week so I'd like to take advantage of those. I already used one to watch a movie I was interested in but would never pay to see: Vampires Suck. I'm not the biggest fan of spoofs but some parts were excellent and the girl who played Becca really captured the awkwardness of Bella. There were moments when she actually looked like Kristen Stewart.

One thing I'd like to do in 2011 is to watch the movies that I own because they're some of my favorites but I don't watch them often. I think I'll start blogging about them too, each Monday. Since things get busy, if I can't watch a movie one week I'll post about a new movie I've seen recently or about one of my favorite actors and actresses. I don't claim to like the best movies; in fact, some of my favorites are very unpopular. But they rank among my favorites for a variety of reasons; maybe the story touched me or I watched it while doing something that made it special, and I'll explain some of that in each post.

I watched one this morning so look for the first post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment