Monday, January 10, 2011

Movie Monday: Wicker Park

How exciting is this? It's my first Movie Monday post! (I'm calling this Movie Monday because I feel like something I do regularly should have a catchy title.)



Wicker Park is a hard movie to describe. A brief, basic description would be that a man on the verge of becoming engaged catches a glimpse of his former love and sets out to find her. It's a thriller, and it may not the best out there, but I find it to be one of the most engaging. I watched it once, years ago, and have remembered it but I didn't fall in love with it until recently. I was quite young when I watched it the first time and I think it was a film that I needed to be a little bit older to fully understand. There are a couple of things that I love about this film: the subtlety of its nature and the younger cast, to name a few. My favorite part of this film, however, is the final scene and Josh Hartnett's performance in it. Watch it just for that, it's beautiful.

Also recommended is the French film that inspired this one, L'Appartement, which in some ways is better than Wicker Park.











Movie poster image is from Amazon and the movie stills are from Yahoo Movies.

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of funny how I totally can't remember if I've ever seen this movie or not... Some things seem to be very familiar while other I can't recall... Oh, funny how it happenes some time, isn't it? :) lol

    ReplyDelete