Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie Monday: Closer



In honor of Natalie Portman's recent Golden Globes win, I chose one of the few films I've seen her in, Closer. I have to admit, when I first watched this movie I didn't like it at all. But I did walk away intrigued so I watched it again and so began my love of the film. My favorite thing about this movie is its characters, because none of them are all that likable. I love flawed characters, and this film has some incredibly flawed characters! While the movie can be uncomfortable to watch at times, it's interesting to see how the characters work through the mistakes they make and deal with the consequences of each others actions. It also has some wonderful quotes, like this one from Alice: "Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, "I can do this, I can give into this, or I can resist it", and I don't know when your moment was, but I bet you there was one."













Movie poster and images are from Yahoo! Movies.

1 comment: