Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday Afternoons

One of my favorite restaurants is a small Columbian restaurant that is near my niece and nephew's school. Every Thursday, my parents volunteer at that school. (I had actually been thinking about volunteering as well and would have been placed in my niece's class, but with my work schedule I decided that I needed the time to study. Maybe next semester.)

Today, after my classes, I hopped on a bus and stopped at the restaurant. My sister recently mentioned getting a quesadilla for lunch one day and ever since I have been in the mood for one! So, today I ordered a quesadilla and an iced tea (tropical and so good!). Because it was a little chilly, I finished the meal with a hazelnut latte to warm up. Usually when I go I eat their breakfasts, which they serve all day. On the menu is a traditional Columbian breakfast as well as a wonderful array of pancakes. I'm not a pancake person but when it comes to eating at this restaurant, they are a tasty way to go! You can order pancakes plain, but why would you when you can also get them filled with many different types of fruit? One of the best pancakes on the menu is the plantain pancake which, of course, is a pancake made with plantains and covered in a type of cheese. I can't think of the name of the cheese (I'll check the menu next week) but it fits the pancake and tastes much better than it sounds. Believe me, I was skeptical at first, but I love it!

I think this will be my new Thursday routine, and it sounds much better than hanging out on campus all day (I used to spend the entire day on campus)! Go to my favorite restaurant, eat some tasty food, meet up with my parents and see my niece and nephew after school. There's also a bakery down the street and I'm thinking I might have to stop in once or twice. The pastries are all wonderful but are definitely very bad for you. But did I mention the pastries are good? And that you can smell them from down the street?

I might not be able to eat any other day of the week but let me tell you, it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment