Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back On Campus

Classes start this week and I had my first round this morning starting with Jews of the Mediterranean, which is a history class and the last of the upper division courses outside of my major that I have to take! I was relieved to see that the paper for the class will be about a book we'll be reading by an author that I've looked at numerous times in the past. For someone who writes essays about books all the time this is right up my alley!

I also had my Modern Theory class with a professor I had last semester. This is one that I had originally signed up for about a year ago, but dropped because the reading load was too much with my other classes. I was disappointed when I dropped it because the professor was wonderful; he had a dry sense of humor that he incorporated into lectures and he made class our fun. The first class period was an overview of the theorists we'd be studying, complete with pictures and fun stories of each. So when I saw that my professor from a class last semester would be teaching this one I had to sign up for it to make the loss of the previous professor worth it. She has so much information to share and I'm excited to continue to tap into all the knowledge she has. And... there are no papers in the class! This is because of all the reading we'll be doing, but still... no papers... and for that I'm excited!

The other great thing about these two classes is that our final will be a take home final!

Outside of school, my friend Sam knows that I support an organization called charity: water, whose mission is to bring clean, safe drinking water to those who don't have access to it. Clean water is a passion of mine and I believe in the mission of this organization. And this is one of the reasons I like this organization so much, after a mission that didn't go as planned they still report it.

Live Drill - No water for our birthday in Central African Republic from charity: water on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment