Sunday, September 12, 2010

Conversations

Recent conversations with customers:

(With an older middle-aged customer who asked me out a few weeks after his son asked me out.)
Him: * sniffing the air * You smell good!

- - -

(Two separate conversations with the same customer. “Her” in the second conversation is my coworker.)

Him: What are you doing tonight?
Me: I have a friend coming over.
Him: A friend?
Me: Mm-hmm.
Him: Girl friend or boy friend?


Him: What are you doing tonight?
Her: Going home and going to bed. I have to work all weekend.
Him: And you. What about you?
Me: A friend is coming over.
Him: A friend, a friend! I’m always hearing about these friends!

- - -

Old Customer: You can see anything you’d like as long as I still have clothes on.
Me: Could you pull that on… out!?

(My coworkers had fun with that story when I told them about it.)

- - -

It's been a long weekend of work, work, work, a dinner out with the work girls, and a little bit of homework and movies mixed in. This all equals little sleep over the weekend, which is always a great way to start a new week of classes! Oh well. C'est la vie!

My niece and nephew start swimming lessons tomorrow and I'm going along to help my sister out. These are fun days, so I'm excited! At the start of a new semester with a poetry workshop (as my senior seminar!) I am full of ideas, which feels wonderful! So, things are good. In addition to that, I have a busy week of work planned. Hopefully at the end of this week I'll be ahead a few weeks ahead on my class reading. That would make life even better right now!

1 comment:

  1. One reason I read your blog are interesting themes it presents. Wish continuing full of ideas and give him projects, share funny stories like these.
    António Veiga

    ReplyDelete