Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sushi Time!




I had the day off and a nice break from work gave me time to sit down, put on Buffy and make some sushi. When I eat sushi it's usually a California roll. If I eat the "riskier" rolls I'm usually grabbing a piece off the plate of one of my co-workers, usually at their insistence. So, of course, that's what I made!

A special thank you goes to my coworker Laura, who provided me with a bowl of sticky rice for my sushi-making endeavor! The first time I made sushi I was at Laura's house with most of our coworkers and I started making some after watching her. Since I don't follow any set instructions I linked a recipe for California rolls above.

I didn't include avocado in the sushi I made today as the avocados at the store weren't ripe enough. To help fill out the sushi I put in two strips of cucumber instead of one. If you like a bit of spiciness you can include a line of sriracha sauce by itself, or sriracha mixed with mayo. I've made it both ways and it's delicious! Below are some making-of photos:

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've never tried sushi, but this looks really good! I just might have to attempt it myself. Or.. maybe buy some, so as not to ruin any chance of me ever having sushi again :p

    In answer to your comment on my blog, yup, I've tried the raspberry-(I think pomegranate) and it's awesome! I love them! They come in six packs at Stop & Shop! :)

    ReplyDelete