Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lebanese Lunch

I'm taking a break from my schedule of Jillian Michaels recipes to share with you the lunch that my parents, sister, brother-in-law and I shared today. It was a filling meal with plenty of veggies, protein and healthy fats.



This meal of veggies, hummus and tabouleh is a traditional Lebanese meal. Veggies used vary with the season. Today we had cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes and red peppers. Hummus was used as a veggie dip (my favorite kind of dip), as well as a dip for the American part of our meal, the pita chips. Lettuce (or, possibly, grape leaves in the Middle East) is used to scoop up the tabouleh and is a wonderful addition to that part of the meal! This is definitely a lunch that I'll be eating more often and taking with me to work and school. The only part of the meal with a high level of fat is the hummus, however since it's made from chickpeas it's a source of good fats and as long as you're not downing an entire tub of hummus in one sitting the fat content shouldn't hurt you.



No comments:

Post a Comment