Monday, June 28, 2010

Tomato, Avocado and Cheddar Burritos

It's been a long time since I've posted! Over a month. But I have been cooking so I have lots to catch up on. Luckily, my sister is in town and is planning to cook so over the next few days I can post the last few kitchen adventures before any new ones come up.

I don't think it's fair of me to post recipes from recipe books online so instead I'll be posting pictures with comments, as well as what book to find it in. You should be able to find all books in your local library--that's where I'm getting them!

The next few recipes will be from a book that I bought, Master Your Metabolism, by Jillian Michaels. And this one was a hit! Tomato, Avocado and Cheddar Burritos. This is an anti-cancer, metabolism boosting, heart healthy and skin healthy recipe. Sounds good in terms of what this recipe can do for you, right? The good news is that this recipe tastes yummy too!



I'm an avocado-lover but I don't think that's a pre-req for liking these burritos. My dad, who isn't as fond of avocado's as I am, still loved them. Combining the avocados with the super food veggie (or is it a fruit?) tomatoes and low-fat cheddar inside of a crispy tortilla creates a pleasant, healthy and filling meal.

And now, for the making-of feature (just a few, I took this quickly so the pictures weren't the best):





No comments:

Post a Comment